The Great Beauty of Italy
eBooks to discover the Great Beauty of Italy. A serie of digital guides to discover Italy with LA CASE Books and MEDOACUS Maior: the history, art and heritage of the most beautiful country in the world.
- Spoken language: Italian
- Currency: Euro (EUR €).
- Population: 60 million.
- Capital: Rome (population: 3 million)
- Food & Beverage: pasta, pizza, sea food, meat. Italy is famous also for its delicious wines: Amarone, Chianti and Prosecco.
- Tourist numbers: 63 million in 2018 (source: CEIC).
- Politics: Italy has a democratic republic since 1946.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Italy is the country with the highest number of UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Sites. Overall Italy has 55 UNESCO World Heritage sites: 50 cultural and 5 natural. Only China has the same amount, but 37 cultural sites and 14 natural ones. (source: Wikipedia)
Discover Italy, official site by Italian Agency of Tourism.